If you see an issue with the library please Report a Concern about the Library We will try to look into your concern or answer any questions. In addition, you can:
1. Continue to express concerns to the Library Trustees and city council via email or at meetings. City Council generally meets Wednesday at 6 PM (schedule).
2. Document issues with photos, dates etc.
3. Attend Library Board of Trustees meetings or watch online.
4. Keep track of any problem with materials, events, facilities etc they might have and share them with us.
5. We are getting many reports of residents giving up on the Escondido library and going to other sources, like the County library. If you have this problem, please write down when /why if you had to use another city’s library and if it was due to a problem or lack of material.
6. Learn more about the movement to privatize our public goods. In the Public Interest is a great source.
Here are some of the comment letters filed in the past expressing concerns.
To Board of Trustees, Feb 8, 2019 Concerns related to the lack of a Strategic Plan for the EPL
To City Council, January 8, 2019 Concerns related to contract with LS&S
Letter to Escondido Library Board of Trustees, July 28, 2017 Concerns related to outsourcing